Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Cuteness Redux

In a frenzy of knitting for the sake of achieving adorableness, I made a hat and a pair of socks for Sophia's science teacher, whose wife recently had a baby. Greer, these are for you. You're going to need these for your first Minnesota winter.


There is another sock, but I haven't yet knit the I-cord tie. I'll do that at tonight's swim meet. Two hours of watching other kids swim while I wait for Nina's minute in the water.

Yarn: Wendy Velvet Touch in pink and Wendy Jazz in white
Needles: Knit Picks US 7/4.5 mm options needle. (I think I used the 24" cable). Magic Loop technique.
Pattern: My own

And here's another hat -- to go with last week's sock.


Yarn: Stahl yarn from my stash. Has to be around 10 years old.

Needles: US 2/2.75 mm Inox dpns for the socks; Knit Picks Options circ US 8/5.0 mm for the hat, with yarn doubled.

Pattern: My own.

Second sock will be cast on at the swim meet. Unfortunately, I'll have to use the dpns again, as I did the first sock the day before the Options needles arrived, and the size 2 needles are 2.5 mm. I'm becoming a fan of the Magic Loop. The next thing you know, I'll be knitting toe up!

1 comment:

Kari said...

hi, I linked over from yarn harlot. I really like the second picture of the hat and pair of socks.