Monday, October 02, 2006

Fly away home



I started these socks this summer some time, using Opal Ladybird colorway, and then tucked them in one of my sock yarn drawers (yes, I have several) and forgot about them. As typical of me, I knit one sock and then started on something else, so all I had to do was knit one sock and I had a pair!


I cast on at Nina's swim meet Tuesday, worked on them during Sophia's Wednesday ice skating lesson, and then on Friday, while waiting for a friend to arrive at the airport, then finished Saturday morning during her writing workshop.

Yarns: Opal Rainforest, Ladybug colorway
Needles: Inox dpns, US size 2/3.75mm
Technique: cuff down, heel flap, kitchenered toes using Lucy Neatby's toe chimney
Gauge: about 8 sts/in; 60 sts

Looks like I forgot to include pictures of Nina's afghan last time. Here are the 19 afghan squares, with space for the 20th, laid out (without the green squares having been blocked yet)

No comments: