Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Monkeys off and almost off my back

The Monkey socks are complete:


The sock on the right has been washed, the other has not. They soften a lot after washing, and seem less bulky.

I like 'em.

Master Knitting Level 1 Program progress
  • All questions answered, with references.
Swatches
  • Color swatch needs ends woven in
  • Single cable cross swatch needs one more try to even out the right side stockinette edge, unless I can find one in the ziploc bags full of swatches that is acceptable.
  • Cable of my choice: Still trying to decide between the Chain Link Cable, from A Taste of Aran Afghan, designed by Janet Szabo and the cable pattern called #115 from The New Knitting Stitch Library, by Lesley Stanfield. Whichever one I pick needs at least one more try to get the right stockinette edge looking better.
Report
  • Need to do a bit more research on blocking non-wool fibers, as I don't have much experience in that area.
Project
  • The hat is finished!
Cover Letter
  • Finished and signed. I dated it Jan. 29, so my goal is to have it in the mail a week from today.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Love the Monkey's. I've downloaded the pattern and am waiting to complete a couple UFO's before casting on. They look like fun.